2.2 GOVERNING BODY (GB)
The Governing Body of CSIR met five times during the year i.e. on 10th April, 2003, 16th July, 2003, 21st October, 2003, 4th February, 2004 and 15th March, 2004. The GB in its meetings deliberated on several crucial subjects and gave directions on these issues:
- On 10th April, 2003 in its 157th meeting, the GB approved; the financial support for establishment of a Centre of Interdisciplinary Studies in Bio-medical & Social Sciences, for the study of brain, Psychological Processes and Human behaviour to be set up at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI), Lucknow; Approval by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) for guidelines for NMITLI scheme; Tenth Five Year Plan (TFYP) proposals under the ongoing schemes ‘National Laboratories’.
- On 16th July, 2003, in its 158th meeting, the GB approved: CSIR technology Awards-2003; institution of CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Award, amendment to foreign deputation guidelines, 1996- Provision for deputation of Scientists for appearing in interview for prestigious fellowships; amendment to CSIR Scientists Recruitment and Assessment Promotion Rules, 2001; amendment to CSIR service Rules, 1994 for recruitment of scientific, technical and support staff; revised estimate of construction of laboratory building block – A at CSMCRI, Bhavnagar; revision of emoluments of scientist fellow appointed under Quick Hire Scheme; Discovery Genomics block of IGIB, rationalization of Administrative Cadres and amendment to CSIR Administrative Services Rules; enhancement of SPM Fellowship; review of NMITLI projects scheduled for completion by April 2003 and also Tenth five Year Plan proposals under the ongoing scheme “National Laboratories”.
- In 159th meeting on 21st October, 2003, GB approved: revision of annual financial ceiling for reimbursement/payment of subscription fee for becoming members of professional societies/bodies; CSIR Diamond Jubilee Prize for in-house excellence in sports, extension of the benefit of Non-Practicing Allowance to candidates appointed as Directors of CSIR Labs./Instts.
- In 160th meeting of 4th February, 2004, GB took up the issues of: extension of benefit of Assessment Promotion to S&T staff who left CSIR service to join new Organization/Central Govt., State Govt./Autonomous Body; Financial assistance from CSIR Welfare Fund for meeting Medical Expenses for treatment of major diseases in private recognized hospitals.
- On 15th March, 2004, in its 161st meeting, the GB took up the issues of: merger of New Research Initiatives in Energy with NMITLI scheme; project proposals taken up by NMITLI; modification in terms and conditions of Bhatnagar Fellowship Award Scheme and continuation of the scheme for engagement of consultants for Business Development.